Macadamias are a wealthy supply of monounsaturated (omega-Three) fatty acids and include a number of well being advantages in only one handful. Whether or not you eat them as a snack or use them in a recipe for added crunch, listed below are 5 the explanation why you want this wholesome tree nut in your food plan and two scrumptious recipes to get you began.
1. Offers you a dose of antioxidants which enhance the physique’s pure defenses
2. Naturally gluten-free, low in sugar and really low in sodium
Three. Lowers blood strain and ldl cholesterol, retaining your coronary heart wholesome
four. Contributes to robust and glossy hair and nails
5. Accommodates vitamin B1, magnesium and potassium for elevated power and muscular perform
Questioning methods to incorporate this wholesome tree nut in a recipe? Strive these tasty picnic recipes courtesy of Australian Macadamias.
Macadamia, pumpkin and blue cheese tartlets (picutured above)
These tasty tartlets use store-bought pastry, so that they’re fast and simple to make. The pumpkin, blue cheese and coriander mixture makes them an aesthetic work lunch possibility, or the best addition to a protracted and leisurely picnic. However don’t be fooled by their simplicity – the golden macadamias on high guarantee they’re something however atypical.
300g pumpkin, peeled and lower into 1cm items
2 tsp oil
450g pack store-bought short-crust pastry
¼ cup thickened cream
50g blue cheese, crumbled
¼ cup coriander leaves, chopped, or chives when you choose
¼ cup macadamia halves
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Place the pumpkin items on a small tray and drizzle with oil. Roast for 15 minutes, or till simply gentle.
Three. Place pastry on a calmly floured work floor and lower out 6 x 14cm rounds, to suit tartlet tins. You will have barely smaller or bigger tins, so lower in line with your measurement. Press the pastry circles into the tins.
four. Lower 6 rounds of baking paper to line the pastry. Line the pastry and weight with pastry weights or an acceptable weight – rice or dried chickpeas work effectively. Bake for five–7 minutes, take away from the oven and put aside to chill barely. Take away the baking paper and weights.
5. Whisk collectively the eggs and cream. Pour the egg combination into the empty tart shell in order that it comes midway up the perimeters. Divide the pumpkin and blue cheese between the tarts and sprinkle with coriander. Dot with macadamia halves and return to the oven for an additional 5–7 minutes, till puffed and golden.
6. Serve heat or at room temperature.
Macadamia and three seed crackers recipe
These deliciously moreish crackers are excellent with cheese and add just a little macadamia magic to any picnic platter. Better of all, the super-easy, blend-and-bake recipe means you may whip up a batch very quickly and hit the picnic rug sooner!
¼ cup wholemeal flour
¼ cup oats
½ cup macadamias
2 tbsp poppy seeds
2 tbsp sunflower seeds
2 tbsp sesame seeds
Three tbsp water
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Place all of the elements besides the water in a blender. Mix till the combination resembles advantageous crumbs. Word that most of the sesame seeds and all of the poppy seeds will nonetheless be complete.
Three. With the motor working, add the water a tablespoon at a time till the combination comes collectively and types a ball. Place the ball on a sheet of baking paper that may line a baking tray.
four. Flatten the ball to a rectangle about 1cm thick. Place a big piece of plastic wrap over the flattened combination and roll out to a 2mm thick rectangle with a rolling pin. Take away the plastic wrap and use a ruler and knife, or a pasta cutter, to attain the flattened dough to create small, cracker sized rectangles.
5. Switch the dough and baking paper to a tray and bake for eight–10 minutes, till the sides have began to go golden and the inside areas are cooked. Take away and funky for five minutes on the tray earlier than gently breaking into items alongside the rating strains and transferring to a wire rack to chill fully. Retailer in an hermetic container.
This piece was produced in partnership with the Australian Macadamias.
NEXT: Full of nourishing good fat, listed below are 11 different wholesome nuts so as to add to your wholesome consuming regime.